Monday, February 7, 2011

Cookies for Me

Yesterday I made some cookies that Billy wasn't crazy about. At first I was all feelings about it, but then I realized that meant more for me, so I got over it real fast. He decided to tell me AFTER our 20 minute discussion on WHICH peanut butter cookie to make, AFTER the measuring and mixing of the ingredients, and AFTER the final batch was baked and he finally tasted one, that he guesses peanut butter cookies never really have been his favorite. I gave him the big, mad, googly eyes for a second and then said,"Really??!!? Because I f-ing love 'em." And then I ate two more.

I like the chocolate in this cookie. Just a hint. This is a very simple cookie, where peanut butter is still the star. The batter was a little sticky to spoon onto the baking sheets right after mixing, so I stuck it in the fridge for an hour.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go have some cookies with my coffee.

Peanut Butter-Cocoa Cookies

1 cup AP Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1(scant)tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
3/4 cup Peanut Butter

In a bowl, sift or whisk the dry (first four) ingredients together. In a separate (larger) bowl, or in your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until nice and fluffy. Mix in the egg, then the vanilla, then the peanut butter. Make it all smooth. Add the flour mixture half at a time. Chill the dough for an hour or so.

Preheat the oven to 350. Make tablespoon sized balls of the dough and place them an inch or two apart on a cookie sheet (use parchment if you like, but my sheets were ungreased and worked fine). Use a fork to smoosh 'em down a little and make 'em look like a peanut butter cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes. I found 14 minutes to be perfect for my oven. I got about 2 1/2 dozen.




No comments:

Post a Comment