Sunday, February 6, 2011

This Week

The snow really messed me up last week. Bad. The town completely shut down. Even Wal-Mart, dude. I didn't even know that was legal. Anyway, had the town not completely shut down, I still wouldn't have been able to drive my car more than a few feet. I ran out of MEAT, paper towels, baby wipes, tampons, and almost toilet paper. Just keepin' it real here. I am ashamed to say, once Billy even had to eat Ramen noodles. He loved it, I'm sure. We're supposed to get several more inches of snow pooped on us today and tonight and this time i am prepared.

I took a much needed getaway to the big city of Tulsa yesterday with the kid, the dad, and the Billy. Travel trailer living can really get you down. Especially when there's a blizzard outside and no way out. The 65 mile trip took an hour and a half with the icy highways and such, and it seems my dad has lost the ability to drive like a sane person, but we made it and I was able to purchase three more pieces for my Le Creuset collection (at half price. i love you, tjmaxx). Billy also requested 'some of that fish'. My mom and I purchased and prepared some sea bass from the only place with good seafood in the Midwest several weeks ago. I jumped on the opportunity to make something other than fried shrimp and catfish (the only other seafood billy is interested in).

Anyway, here's the plan..

Tonight- Pan-Roasted Sea Bass with Orzo and Spinach (not very Super Bowl-like, I know.)
Monday- PW's Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika
Tuesday- Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders
Wednesday- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Thursday-  Super Simple Shredded Chicken Tacos
Friday- Garlic and Lemon Pan-Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes

..very chickeny, I know.

7 comments:

  1. aaaah what color creuset's did you buy?

    i feel your pain, having to travel to a bigger place to do decent shopping. the closest place here is two hours away and if it even threatens to snow or ice, they shut the roads down and you're stuck there. sigh.

    when i am in doubt about menus, i reach for the panko. i can't think of anyone who doesn't like panko crusted food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm doing half the reddish color..eternal flame, maybe? and half a green color..not sure what its called, because i already ripped off the packaging.

    oh, and i L-O-V-E panko, but i dont think billy is too crazy about them, so i'm trying to find a way he'll enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you telling me this boy doesn't like panko?

    i can't even... there are no ... what? does he just hate food? ::is horrified::

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think its the application of the panko that he hasnt liked thusfar. i put it on top of some garlicky baked shrimp, and then used it for a mac n cheese topping. i guess its my fault. i sound like an abuse victim. surely he'll eat it if i bread boring chicken tenders with it, no? if he doesn't i'm leaving him. i mean it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to show him the way of the delicious panko fried foods. and it makes wonderful mac and cheese topping - you get more crunch with it than with breadcrumbs. men are insane. ::shakes head::

    ReplyDelete
  6. agreed. but what am i to do, eat the whole pan of mac n cheese by myself? wait a minute. that's exactlty what i need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES. or share it with me. I like mac and cheese.

    ReplyDelete