Friday, March 25, 2011

i'm bad with temptation

Every day for the past several days when I've visited thepioneerwoman.com I've been taunted by one of her side links. The side link is for her Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies. I've been trying so hard to wait to do my grocery shopping on the same day every week. I was determined to wait. Yeah right. Yesterday I broke down THE DAY BEFORE GROCERY DAY and bought malted milk powder, milk chocolate chips and butter. But you know what, I'm not sorry. Not after tasting these babies. Billy was equally impressed. These cookies turn out super flat and are perfectly crispy around the edges. I've never purchased malted milk powder and I think I've had one chocolate malt like ever. I was thinking the rest of the powder would go to waste but after tasting these cookies I know I'll be making them again and again very soon! And perhaps I see some chocolate malts in our very near future.

Malted Milk Chocolate Cookies
recipe from Pioneer Woman

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp (scant) baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup malted milk powder
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring the butter to room temperature and cream it together with sugars until..creamy. Add egg and mix to combine, then stir in vanilla. Add the malted milk powder and stir until well incorporated. In a seperate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add it to wet mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes..or longer if you want a crispier cookie. I got two dozen cookies and this PW's recipe, halved.

2 comments:

  1. I usually shy away from recipes that require me to buy ingredients i'm sure i'll never use again, but dang those look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were so good. i had to smack billy a couple of times for eating spoonfuls of dough. and we had chocolate malts on sunday. yum.

    ReplyDelete