Sunday, June 19, 2011

Zucchini Spice Muffins

I remember hearing someone talk about zucchini bread when i was a kid and i thought it sounded so weird. Dude. It's GOOD. This was my first experience baking with zucchini and I was quite pleased. My friend Bekah has lots of zucchini recipes I'm looking forward to trying.

I know its not really the season for spice cakes and muffins but you'll have to make an exception and try these, because like I said dude...they're GOOD. Also, these are not too sweet. I think they're perfect served warm with a little pat of butter for breakfast.

Zucchini Spice Muffins
recipe adapted from Serious Eats

1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t salt
2/3 C quick cooking oats
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C canola oil
2 eggs
2 C packed grated zucchini (this ended up being exactly two mediumish zucchini for me)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.  In a bowl whisk together the flour, soda, spices, salt and oats. In a separate, larger bowl beat together the sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs and combine well. Stir in the zucchini. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches until everything is just combined. Fill the paper liners 3/4 of the way full with batter. I actually got 15 muffins out of this recipe. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment